Our client, a leading independent financial adviser, is seeking a candidate with excellent communication and interpersonal skills for the position of Admin Team Leader.
Main Job Responsibilities:
– Responsible for the day to day oversight and management of the administration team.
– To act as first point of contact for queries, manage workloads within the team and identify training needs and areas for continuous improvement.
– To hold regular one to one meetings with individuals.
– To deal with the day to day technical and process queries from Administrators, advisers and clients and to take the appropriate action to ensure the query is dealt with in a timely and effective manner, referring more complex queries to the Operations Manager.
– To work closely with the Operations Manager to identify and implement the necessary changes to processes, procedures and working practices within the team to address the outputs of the audits and quality checks.
– To proactively deliver and promote excellent client service in accordance with FCA guidelines, internal policy and procedure and company service standards.
– To assess the department’s work load and capacity on a daily basis, prioritising and reallocating the work as required, to provide an excellent service to the adviser and the clients.
– To ensure that during periods of holiday and sickness, there is the appropriate level of administration support for advisers at all times.
– To assist the Operations Manager and Senior Manager/s with collating and implementing the output from the MI reports on a regular basis.
– To carry out regular department audits, including monthly file reviews, in order to identify any errors which might indicate a training or development need within the team.
– To produce recommendations, and to support the Operations Manager to implement the necessary changes.
– To carry out Virtual Cabinet quality checks for the team, in line with company guidance and standards, to monitor the accuracy of the digitisation of the client files.
– To hold the daily team ‘huddles’ on a regular basis, providing the team with key updates including any changes to process and procedure.
– To discuss work levels within the department, reallocating work as appropriate.
– To develop and maintain good working relationships with the Operations Manager, Senior Managers, Advisers, Central Operations and Central Service teams in order to ensure effective communication across the business.
– To act as the point of contact for the Senior Manager/s in the office in order to assist with any day to day queries.
– To get involved in a variety of project work as and when required. This will include taking responsibility for initiatives, in order to progress the ‘high performance team’ work stream within the company’s evolution programme.
Required Candidate Skills:
– A good level of experience in an administration role within the financial services industry, ideally within an IFA
– Experience of leading or managing a team
– Certificate in Financial Planning or an equivalent Financial Services qualification is desirable
– A good knowledge and understanding of a wide range of financial products, including employee benefits products
– Good knowledge of regulatory requirements
– Experience of working within defined service standards, policies and procedures
– A proven track record in delivering excellent client satisfaction
– Excellent accuracy skills and attention to detail
– Ability to build and develop effective working relationships at all levels
– Excellent administrative, planning and organisational skills
– A team player with an adaptable and flexible approach to work to suit business needs and changing priorities
– Some experience of training on a one to one basis and in a group environment
Location: Exchange Quay, Salford
Hours: 9 – 5 Mon – Fri
To apply: Forward your CV following the apply link in either Word or PDF format
Please Note: due to the volume of applications being received we can only respond to those offering the relevant experience as outlined in the advert.
Please feel free to visit our website in order to view all our current vacancies and sign up for personalised job alerts.