Our client, a leading independent financial adviser, is seeking a candidate for the position of Business Quality Advisor who will review files and ensure the advice given is appropriate for their varying clients. This person will work closely with and advise financial advisers as well as providing quality training when necessary.
The successful candidate may come from a paraplanning or advising background and must be level 4 qualified.
Main Job Responsibilities:
– Carry out business quality reviews in accordance with risk based business quality monitoring programme.
– Assess the quality of advice and adherence to business standards and regulatory requirements and identify material risks.
– Provide feedback to advisers and sales management on the risk identified, together with the actions necessary to manage or mitigate the risks.
– Assist in training of new advisers and Paraplanners and remedial training of advisers where required.
– Carry out client file reviews to determine whether the suitability of advice against the client’s business standards and regulatory requirements and identify material risks.
– Determine compliance with the Conduct of Business requirements and ensure that client’s of the company have been treated fairly.
– Provide effective feedback and direction of the remedial action required to manage or mitigate the material risks identified.
– Ensure that the remedial actions are addressed through to a successful conclusion.
– Record and maintain appropriate records for all files or transactions reviewed that will be sufficiently robust for both internal and external audit purposes.
– Provide timely and accurate MI to support the Business Quality and Complaints Manager’s reporting obligations.
– Assist in providing Business Quality training to advisers and Paraplanners as required.
Required Candidate Skills:
– Financial Planning Certificates 1, 2 & 3
– Diploma in Financial Planning / Level 4 Qual (or progress towards) with emphasis on exams relating to personal financial planning
– 2 years of experience in a business quality assessment/review
– Good understanding of retail investment products + comprehensive working knowledge of the FCA’s Conduct of Business rules
– Ability to extract and identify issues of potential risk
Salary: £30,000 – £35,000
Location: Exchange Quay, Salford
Hours: Mon – Fri 9am – 5pm
Additional Information: Contributory Pension + Flexible Benefits + Training / Development, 25 holidays + Bank Holidays + Birthday off
To apply: Forward your CV following the apply link in either Word or PDF format
Please Note: due to the volume of applications being received we can only respond to those offering the relevant experience as outlined in the advert.
Please feel free to visit our website in order to view all our current vacancies and sign up for personalised job alerts.
Job Reference: 49536_1551871074
Salary: £30000 - £35000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: