Our client is seeking an analytically minded candidate with excellent customer service and interpersonal skills for the position of Customer Service Specialist. They are looking for candidates who have worked in the Transport industry and ideally have a Transport Co-ordinator / Operational background.
The successful candidate will be responsible for service delivery to our top VIP customers and for acting as a single point of contact for all requests. The Customer Service/Transport Co-ordinator needs to deliver excellent customer service & make the right cost decision to ensure the maintenance budget is adhered to.
Main Job Responsibilities:
- Raise Work Orders, ensure accurate coding, validate & authorize additional work, follow up on pending Work Orders related to termination of contracts.
- Cost control: secondary warranty, warranty id & management, challenge maintenance cost, negotiating with vendors &/or suppliers.
- Needs to be able to challenge booking.
- Accurate follow up on rebill process, obtain Purchase Order & apply customer markups.
- Ensure Services pricing is in line with the agreed vendor pricing.
- Parts management: stock management at the customer site. Customer Service
- Reservations: select correct account, select rate, asset & manage expired reservations, manage one ways, minimize Non Billing Days.
- Send job, upload and update the company system.
- Workshop Mobile Service Unit planning regarding holidays/sickness.
- Follow up on customer insurance related tasks.
- Report & analyze customer related data within the timeline agreed with the customer & deliver input for contract review card/ margin improvement plans.
- Follow up on customer request in a timely manner and manage customer related calls (inbound & outbound), in order to increase customer’s satisfaction.
- Schedule service events, update business applications (ALS), obtain paperwork, upload documents into company system, advising customer on due services.
- Manage Free of Charge Units to ensure this is kept at minimum level.
- Contract maintenance for tail lifts and reefers.
Required Candidate Skills:
- Background in the Transport industry and 3rd party logistics, damage, warranty or compliance experience would be ideal
- Must have a stable CV with a steady work history
- Needs to demonstrate understanding & drive improvements of customer satisfaction
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant working experience in an administrative role
- Computer skills: average knowledge of the MS Office applications including an understanding of Excel
- Product & Services Knowledge: Understand how the product relates to the level of service for the customer & able explain the components & the benefits.
- Process Knowledge: Correct use of business systems & Standard Operation Procedures. Deliver improvement ideas to the Customer Service Assistant Manager.
- Budget Management (P&L Skills): Understand impact of correct activity coding. Able to challenge costs & identify opportunities to recharge, reduce costs & manage fair, wear & tear. Actively seeks opportunities for cost control & flag to manager.
- Able to work under pressure; stress resilient
- Excellent communication and time management skills
Salary: £20,000 – £21,000
Location: Trafford Park
Hours: 45 hours a week working shift patterns, Between 8am– 6pm Mon – Fri
Additional Information: Bonus plan (if achieved) 15% of annual salary and annual Holidays – 26 days
To apply: Forward your CV following the apply link in either Word or PDF format
Please Note: due to the volume of applications being received we can only respond to those offering the relevant experience as outlined in the advert.
Please feel free to visit our website in order to view all our current vacancies and sign up for personalised job alerts.
Job Reference: 49426_1552559059
Salary: £20000 - £21000 per annum + Detailed in job spec
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: