Our client is seeking a candidate for the position of Operations Manager. We are looking for a driven and enthusiastic manager to run and grow the select portfolio team in Manchester. The successful candidate must have experience of managing a select portfolio team or discretionary fund team. This person will drive, motivate and encourage the team as the company feel this will be the team to watch this year and envisage huge growth in this area.
Main Job Responsibilities:
– Manage, motivate and develop the Select Portfolio Management Service team.
– Assist with auditing and quality checks of new and existing members of the team.
– Be the point of contact for any ongoing projects in line with business requirements.
– Support and deliver the training to both new and existing members of the team.
– You will also actively seek to improve quality and drive efficiencies across the team, highlighting identified issues to the Head of Operations.
– You will ensure that the team is adhering to FCA regulations, internal company policies and procedures, and ensuring the highest level of support is maintained and provided to both our advisers and clients.
– As the team manager you will also be required act as a positive role model to the SPMS team, sharing experiences/knowledge, and providing the team with the appropriate level of support with any queries that they may have.
Required Candidate Skills:
– Must have select portfolio or discretionary funds experience
– Experience of managing an operational team, preferably within a financial services environment.
– Good knowledge and understanding of a wide range of financial products – particularly around investments.
– Knowledge of regulatory requirements.
– A proven track record in delivering excellent client service.
– Clear communication and good interpersonal skills.
– Excellent attention to detail and able to work to high levels of accuracy.
– Ability to build and develop effective working relationships at all levels.
– Excellent administrative, planning and organisational skills.
– A flexible team player who can adapt different business needs and changing priorities.
Salary: £35,000 – £40,000
Hours: Mon – Fri 9am – 5pm (They are flexible so open to 8 – 4 / 10 – 6)
Location: Exchange Quay, Salford
To apply: Forward your CV following the apply link in either Word or PDF format
Please Note: due to the volume of applications being received we can only respond to those offering the relevant experience as outlined in the advert.
Please feel free to visit our website in order to view all our current vacancies and sign up for personalised job alerts.
Job Reference: 49527_1551870287
Salary: £35000 - £40000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: