Our client, a well-known supplementary education provider offering individualised maths and English programmes, is seeking a candidate for the position of Part-Time Class Assistant.
Please note that the interview process will include a full assessment day on May 16th and a face to face interview on the 17th.
Main Job Responsibilities:
– To assist in setting up and clearing down the classroom in a timely manner to ensure the environment is ready for activity when the first student arrives.
– To ensure that students work effectively in the class room.
– To supervise students and assist in maintaining class discipline.
– To supervise specific student activities including but not limited to; number boards, listening to recitation of times tables and listening and assessing reading.
– To accurately mark and record student’s work and complete reporting methods as and where required.
– To liase and maintain positive working relationships with parents of students as and when required i.e. take or give messages.
– To prepare students work.
– To provide a professional reception service for the centre when required; welcoming parents, managing enquiries, taking messages and maintaining payment systems.
– General administration duties as and when requested by your line manager
– To attend supervision, training and meetings as and when required. There may be a necessity for these to be outside of normal working times at weekends for which overtime would be awarded.
– To work with, abide to and positively promote all company policies and/or procedures including but not limited to, health and safety matters.
– To carry out all reasonable duties as and when requested by your line manager or any other senior management member.
Required Candidate Skills:
– Proven experience of working with children. – Essential
– Strong numeracy and literacy skills. – Essential
– Professional manner. – Essential
– Good communicator on the telephone and face to face. – Essential
– Ability to work as a team member whilst at the same time, work on own initiative. – Essential
– Computer literate with fast data inputting skills for both numerical and alphabetical data. – Essential
– Experience of working within an educational background environment. – Desirable
– Experience of and or knowledge of Kumon Education activities. – Desirable
Salary: £8.21 per hour
Hours: Tue/Wed/Thursday 3:30pm -6:30pm and Sat 9.30-12
To apply: Forward your CV following the apply link in either Word or PDF format
Please Note: due to the volume of applications being received we can only respond to those offering the relevant experience as outlined in the advert.
Please feel free to visit our website in order to view all our current vacancies and sign up for personalised job alerts.