Our client is seeking a candidate for the position of Accounts Payable/Purchase Ledger Assistant. The main purpose of the role is to assist in the smooth running of the accounts department making sure all invoices are processed and payments are made on time. The role will evolve as your knowledge grows.
All duties relate to the purchase ledger, from issuing purchase order numbers, matching, dealing with queries, getting approval, through to writing the cheques.
Main Job Responsibilities:
– Processing invoices with labour material split, working with proforma invoices and invoice draw down
– High volume of manual check writing
– Submitting c.i.s returns monthly
– Producing contractor monthly statements
Required Candidate Skills:
– Purchase ledger background, must be methodical minded and prepared for large volumes of invoices, and manual processes.
– Good communication/written skills
Salary: £18,000 – £21,000
Location: Ardwick, Manchester
Hours: Mon – Fri 9:00am till 5:30pm (but be prepared to be flexible when dead lines require)
To apply: Forward your CV following the apply link in either Word or PDF format
Please Note: due to the volume of applications being received we can only respond to those offering the relevant experience as outlined in the advert.
Please feel free to visit our website in order to view all our current vacancies and sign up for personalised job alerts.