Our client, is seeking a candidate for the temporary position of IT Analyst/Developer. This role is for a period of two months, however applicants should note that this could be extended and could also potentially lead to a permanent position if the right candidate was found.
Main Job Responsibilities:
– Monitor and proactively maintain ICT systems and websites, ensuring their reliability, security and effectiveness.
– Ensure that comprehensive technical data and documentation for all systems and ICT processes is maintained and regularly updated.
– Ensure that ICT maintenance and change processes are consistently followed.
– Collate and analyse data, and provide reports on the performance and use of ICT systems and websites.
– Liaise and build relationships with ICT contractors, suppliers and partners.
User Training and Support
– Provide timely support and reliable guidance to users.
– Ensure helpdesk tickets are processed within agreed timescales.
– Maintain and deliver a high-quality programme of induction and support for users. Including training sessions, support materials and online learning courses.
– Promote IT, data and security best practises across the organisation.
– Support the planning and delivery of digital aspects of the client’s UK events programme.
Web and IT Development
– Work with communications and marketing colleagues to deliver an engaging and high-quality experience to users of the client’s UK’s digital channels, including websites and social media.
– Provide support and assistance to the IT Programme Leader in delivering ICT projects, along with all other aspects of their work.
– Develop and implement enhancements to systems and websites, following agreed development and change control processes.
– Keep abreast of changes in the digital landscape and provide recommendations for how existing and emerging technologies can contribute to the client’s UK strategic objectives.
Required Candidate Skills:
– A degree in a technology related field or at least 2 years’ experience in an IT support or development environment.
– Experience using Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP or similar web development stack.
– Well-organised, able to prioritise competing demands, work independently and see tasks through to completion.
– Excellent problem-solving skills and able to exercise initiative and judgement in relation to IT issues.
– Flexibility and willingness to adapt systems, processes and plans to meet changing requirements.
– High standards of accuracy and attention to detail.
– Ability to efficiently convey complex technical information to non-technical audiences.
– Demonstrates an energetic and positive approach to work.
The role involves working with the technologies below. Knowledge and experience of any of these is beneficial, but not essential. More important is a willingness and ability to learn them:
– Amazon Web Services
– Drupal or similar Content Management systems
– MS Windows networks and active directory administration
– Networking and switching
– Salesforce administration/development
– Microsoft PowerBI
– VoIP communication systems
Salary: £22,000 – £27,000
To apply: Forward your CV following the apply link in either Word or PDF format
Please Note: due to the volume of applications being received we can only respond to those offering the relevant experience as outlined in the advert.
Please feel free to visit our website in order to view all our current vacancies and sign up for personalised job alerts.