Our client is seeking a candidate for the temporary position of Web Developer for a period of 6 months.
The Web Development Assistant will be responsible for making updates to copy and documents on our websites, and supporting business users and content authors across the business to take on greater responsibility for owning and updating their content, helping us move towards a distributed publishing model.
You will be supporting business and marketing teams in the production of consistent high quality web content, ensuring customer journeys are optimised across the website and meet business and customer needs.
You will work with multiple stakeholders split across various locations and departments. You will need to have a positive attitude, a willingness to learn, be able to prioritise your work load and be a team player.
Main Job Responsibilities:
– Develop a high level of expertise in using the website content management systems (AEM and Contensis) to make updates to company websites and to support business users and content authors in the technical aspects of using the content management systems.
– Support requests for updates to copy or documents on websites, including editing content supplied by the business and building new pages / content areas, ensuring a high level of customer service is provided to business and content owners.
– Provide guidance and support to business users and content authors in planning and optimising customer journeys, ensuring content is clearly presented and signposted.
– Work with the UX lead to ensure the layout of key pages and the design of new site areas are consistent and aligned with the overall information architecture and UX approach.
– Provide guidance and support on best practice in writing for the web ensuring web content adheres to house style and tone of voice guidelines.
– To raise the importance of what makes good mobile content and adoption of best practice within the business.
– Work with business owners to put in place maintenance schedules to ensure website content is regularly updated.
– Support with the creation of content calendars to provide ongoing communication and engagement with customers.
– Use web analytics and other digital marketing tools (Site Improve, HotJar) to provide insight to optimise customer journeys, improve conversion rates and website goals and improve quality of website content.
– Help with content and website migration projects and content audits as required.
– Help ensure that the company story is told consistently across all company web properties.
– Attend various meetings (e.g. stand ups, one to ones, team meetings) when required including preparing slides and presenting project work to stakeholders.
Required Candidate Skills:
– 1-2 years’ experience managing updates in a content management system
– Appreciation of print and web layout, design, and user experience
– Excellent verbal, written, analytical and interpersonal skills
– Exceptional attention to editorial detail, impeccable editing skills, and familiarity with using editorial style guides
– Ability to self-start, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and operate under pressure, within tight deadlines and in a dynamic environment with shifting priorities
– Proficiency with Google Docs and project management applications such as JIRA.
– Personally flexible and consultative
– Confident using Google Analytics to provide insight on customer behaviour
– Understanding of web usability and accessibility
Salary: £16-17 per hour
Hours: Monday – Friday 9am – 5.30pm
Duration: 6 Months
To apply: Forward your CV following the apply link in either Word or PDF format
Please Note: due to the volume of applications being received we can only respond to those offering the relevant experience as outlined in the advert.
Please feel free to visit our website in order to view all our current vacancies and sign up for personalised job alerts.