Our client is seeking a candidate for a contractor position of Frontend Web Developer to transform the digital presence of the company. The web developer will provide day-to-day UI development and support across diverse and complex digital and eCommerce projects in various stages of the project lifecycle and running simultaneously.
This role has the responsibility for the development of new websites and the upgrade and support of existing websites; either as the sole developer on a specific project or projects, or as part of a project team working together on multiple deliverables.
You will need strong technical skills but also have the personality and communication skills to deal directly with the wider team and third party suppliers. You will be part of a multi- functional team working with design, QA and back-end developers daily.
Main Job Responsibilities:
– Design, front end development, unit testing and deployment of new digital channels.
– Prototyping, innovating and building user facing features.
– Work closely BA, PM and Webmaster to ensure efficiencies and accuracies of front end web build/ change.
– Develop existing and new user facing features using established development environments and tools to defined business requirements, using current best practice.
– Translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application.
– Take the UI/UX design and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
– Optimize application for maximum speed, performance and scalability.
– Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end.
– Deploying changes between non-production and production environments using suitable tools.
– Working with the wider team to deliver high quality IT solutions for business problems through agile working methods.
– Producing documentation, required by the business, to support the testing, deployment and maintenance of the developed features.
Required Candidate Skills:
– Strong UI/UX design skills
– Proficient understanding of web mark-up, including HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap, Responsive Design
– Hands-on experience with .NET and .Net core CMS systems
– Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
– Knowledge and experience of working within a Scrum team, with a familiarity with agile software delivery methodologies and tools (JIRA / Confluence)
– The web developer will need to demonstrate excellent attention to detail at all times and strong organisational skills.
Salary: Dependant on experience
To apply: Forward your CV following the apply link in either Word or PDF format
Please Note: due to the volume of applications being received we can only respond to those offering the relevant experience as outlined in the advert.
Please feel free to visit our website in order to view all our current vacancies and sign up for personalised job alerts.
Job Reference: 49477_1550138491
Salary per: Day
Job Start Date: Immediate or ASAP