New research from global career and talent development experts, Right Management, found that one in five people are in the wrong job role. The research also found that these people are not motivated, engaged or productive in their current roles, costing companies in the UK between £52 billion and £70 billion annually.
Ian Till, Principal Consultant at Right Management said that this research, “demonstrates that given the right opportunity and market conditions, at least one in five people would choose to change either industry or job function.”
40% of employers are having greater difficulty than last year filling open positions. This is the highest level since 2007.
In order to stop this, forward thinking companies are implementing strategic plans to attract the right people to fill the right jobs in their talent pipelines in hope that this will increase employee retention.
By using this 7 step guide, companies are hoping that their employees will become more engaged, motivated and productive in their roles.
- Prepare Leaders: Educate leaders to provide Career Development guidance associated with business goals.
- Attract Top Talent: Use employer branding to attract the best of the best.
- Retain: Create a learning culture within your business and encourage career mobility.
- Engage: Keep your employees engaged and productive by providing ongoing career coaching and opportunities to upskill.
- Redeploy Talent: Offer easy access to open internal positions and opportunities for career mobility within your business.
- Plan for future talent needs: Plan ahead and stay up to date with new HR, talent and technology solutions as they emerge.
- Develop a sustainable Leadership Programme: Identify potential talent and prepare them for future leadership roles.
Signs your employees are in wrong role:
If you are worried about your employees being in the wrong roles then look out for these signs…
- They don’t participate in team activities outside the office.
- There are doing the bare minimum.
- They are always late, leaving early or absent.
- They don’t offer feedback or any new ideas.
- They keep to themselves at work.
If you are worried and looking for help with finding the right talent for your business then look no further.
Here at Connections Recruitment we promise to provide our finest services to match the best candidates for your open positions.
If you wish to contact us to discuss your hiring needs, you can do so on 01619629711 or alternatively email: JD@connectionsrec.co.uk