Connections Employment Agency Limited (‘Connections’) is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected when using this website. Where any personal information is provided, it will be used only for our own use in accordance with this policy and not for the benefit of third parties and in a manner consistent with your rights and Our obligations under the law. Without your prior consent, your information will only be disclosed in circumstances required by law.
Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms have the following meanings:
- Cookie: A small text file placed on your computer or device by The Site when you visit certain parts of and/or when you use certain features of The Site. Details of the Cookies used by The Site are set out in section 12, below;
- The Site: connections-recruitment.co.uk
- UK and EU Cookie Law: The relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015
- We/Us/Our: Connections Employment Agency Limited, – Registered in England & Wales at 182-186 Cross Street Sale M33 7AG under no. 1835742.
Information About Us
- The Site is owned and operated by Connections.
- We are authorised to process data by the Information Commissioner’s Office under number Z4623679.
Scope – What Does This Policy Cover?
What Data Do We Collect?
- date of birth;
- business/company name
- job title;
- contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- [demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;]
- [IP address (automatically collected);]
- [web browser type and version (automatically collected);]
- [operating system (automatically collected);]
- [a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);]
- [further information as required.]
How Do We Use Your Data?
- All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (GDPR). For more details on security see section 6, below.
- We use your data to provide the best possible services to you. This includes:
- Providing and managing your access to The Site;
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on The Site;
- Responding to communications from you;
- Supplying you with email newsletters, alerts etc. that you have subscribed to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by following the instructions in such communications);
- Market research;
- Analysing your use of The Site and gathering feedback to enable Us to continually improve The Site and your user experience.
- In some cases, the collection of data may be a statutory or contractual requirement, and We will be limited in the services. We can provide you without your consent for Us to be able to use such data.
- Under GDPR we will ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, without adversely affecting your rights. We will only process your personal data if at least one of the following basis applies:
- you have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at the request of you prior to entering into a contract;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or of another natural person;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller; and/or
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data.
How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
- We only keep your data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above in section 5, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it. In any event, We will regularly conduct reviews to ascertain whether we need to keep your data. Your data will be deleted if we no longer need it in accordance with the terms of our Data Retention Policy.
- Your data will only be stored within the European Economic Area (the “EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein).
- Data security is of great importance to Us, and to protect your data We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected through The Site.
- Notwithstanding the security measures that We take, it is important to remember that the transmission of data via the internet may not be completely secure and that you are advised to take suitable precautions when transmitting to Us data via the internet.
Do We Share Your Data?
- We may share your data with other companies in Our group. This includes Our holding company and its subsidiaries.
- We may contract with third parties to supply services to you on Our behalf. These may include search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, Our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
- We may compile statistics about the use of Our Site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying information. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
- In certain circumstances We may be legally required to share certain data We hold, which may include your personal information, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with the requirements of legislation, a court order, or a governmental authority. In such circumstances, no specific consent is required from you to make such a disclosure.
What Happens If Our Business Changes Hands?
- In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will not be contacted in advance and informed of the changes.
Your Right to Withhold Information and Your Right to Withdraw Information After You Have Given it
- You may access certain areas of The Site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
- You may withdraw your consent for Us to use your personal data as set out in section in 5 at any time by contacting Us using the details set out in section 15, and We will delete your data from Our systems. However, you acknowledge this may limit Our ability to provide you with the best possible services.
How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the legal right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held). Please contact Us for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org
Summary of Your Rights under GDPR
Under GDPR, you have:
- the right to request access to, deletion of or correction of, your personal data held by Us;
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority;
- be informed of what data processing is taking place;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- object to processing of your personal data;
- rights with respect to automated decision-making and profiling (see section 14 below).
Automated Decision-Making and Profiling
The Site does not use any personal data for the purposes of automated decision-making or profiling.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select ‘Remember Me’, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.