Last updated: May 2018
Connections Recruitment (“Connections”) is a trading name of Connections Employment Agency Limited.
Connections Recruitment take data protection very seriously and understand the importance of protecting your privacy and Personal Information. “Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual such as your name, date of birth, email address, IP address and CV.
How do we collect information from you?
The majority of the Personal Information you provide to us freely when you give us your CV or job cover letter to a job application.
Please do not submit such Personal Information to us if you do not wish us to collect it.
However, please be aware, some Personal Information may include information you voluntarily, but unintentionally provided to us via an online application via social media, eg. Facebook, LinkedIn or similar.
We also collect from:
- Our website (the “Website”);
- The software applications made available by us for use on or through computers and mobile devices (the “Apps”);
- Cookies (“Cookies”);
- Publically available information; and
- Other tools and applications (our “Online Content”).
What Personal Information do we collect?
Personal Information we collect about you may include the following:
- • General identification and contact information: your name; address; email; IP address; telephone
details; gender; marital status; family status; date and place of birth; physical attributes including photos
- Other sensitive information: religious beliefs, political opinions or racial or ethical origin, and criminal record.
- Information enabling us to provide services: age, location, whether or not you hold a driving licence that enable identification of job search (for example, post code or job role)
- Marketing preferences: enter a contest or prize draw or other sales promotion, or respond to a voluntary customer satisfaction survey
- Statistical information: aggregate statistical information about site visitors and users for internal use and for other lawful purposes eg. Salary averages. We provide this information to customers, advertisers, suppliers and other reputable third parties. Where we provide such information we will provide this in an anonymous format and not include any Personal Information.
- Information from Apps: submit comments to the Site, participate in message boards, blogs, send us emails or any other user generated content facility
- Publicly available information in relation to professional history: educational background; employment history; skills and experience; professional licenses and affiliations; educational and professional qualifications
What legal basis do we rely on to process your Personal Information?
On some occasions, Connections processes your data with your consent. For example, we rely on consent when we send promotional material. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn or after a period of 12 months whereupon your data will be removed automatically in line with our Data Retention policy.
The processing is necessary to fulfil a contract
Connections may process your data when we need to do this to fulfil a contract with you, such as to send your CV to an employer or recruiter for a specific job application. Outside of your initial application we will always seek your permission for us to contact you in relation to other roles. You are not obliged to give permission allowing us to contact you outside of your initial application.
Connections also processes your data when it is in our legitimate interests to do this and when these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights.
Our legitimate interests include:
- Ensuring the security and integrity of our Services and in ensuring that our Websites and Apps operate effectively;
- Selling and supplying services to our customers;
- Protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- Promoting, marketing and advertising our services;
- Sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers;
- Understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
- Improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
- Handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes; and
- Fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders.
The processing is necessary because of a legal obligation that applies
Connections may process your data to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations eg. preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies
Who do we share your Personal Information with?
Conections may make Personal Information available to:
Recruiters and other agents
In the course of our business to help you search for and get a job, Connections may make Personal Information available to third parties such as recruiters where we work with an RPO or other outsourcer who we work with as a third party to engage in either Temporary or Permanent employment for you.
Our service providers
This includes external third-party service providers, such as accountants, auditors, experts, lawyers and other outside professional advisors; IT systems, support and hosting service providers; printing, advertising, marketing and market research and analysis service providers; document and records management providers; technical engineers; data storage and cloud providers and similar third-party vendors and outsourced service providers that assist us in carrying out business activities.
Governmental authorities and third parties involved in court action
Connections may share Personal Information with governmental or other public authorities (including, but not limited to, workers’ compensation boards, courts, law enforcement, tax authorities and criminal investigations agencies); and third-party civil legal process participants and their accountants, auditors, lawyers and other advisors and representatives as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our group companies; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and that of our group companies, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit our damages.
Other third parties
Occasionally, we may share Personal Information with other third parties. We will always do this under contract and in accordance with your instructions.
How we use Personal Information?
We use Personal Information to do some or all of the following:
- Communicate with you as part of our business;
- Send you important information regarding changes to our policies, other terms and conditions, the Connections Website and App and other administrative information;
- Provide improved quality, training and security and manage other commercial risks;
- Carry out market research and analysis, including satisfaction surveys;
- Provide marketing information to you (including information about other products and services offered by selected third-party partners) in accordance with preferences you have expressed. Please be aware you can always change these at My Account;
- Personalise your experience on the Connections Website and App by presenting information and advertisements tailored to you;
- Allow you to participate in contests, prize draws and similar promotions, and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional terms and conditions, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information, so we suggest that you read these carefully;
- Facilitate social media sharing functionality;
- Manage our infrastructure and business operations, and comply with internal policies and procedures, including those relating to auditing; finance and accounting; billing and collections; IT systems; data and website hosting; business continuity; and records, document and print management;
- Resolve complaints, and handle requests for data access or correction;
- Comply with applicable laws and regulatory obligations (including laws outside your country of residence), such as those relating to anti-money laundering and anti-terrorism; comply with legal process; and respond to requests from public and governmental authorities (including those outside your country of residence);
- Establish and defend legal rights; protect our operations or those of any of our group companies or insurance business partners, our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our group companies, you or others; and pursue available remedies or limit our damages.
International Transfers of Personal Information
Personal Information which you supply to us is stored and kept inside the European Economic Area.
How can you manage or delete Personal Information?
- When you access our website online, we store some information about you. This is anonymous and used for statistical purposes.
- When you create an application or register your details online via our website, it is protected by our encrypted server. You can contact us via Telephone, email or letter on either 0161 962 9711, firstname.lastname@example.org or The Data Protection Officer, Connections Employment Agency Limited, 182-186 Cross Street, Sale, M337AG
- Please note that Connections reserves the right to remove from our database, CVs which include any content that we consider to be illegal or offensive. We will respect the choices you make to limit sharing or visibility settings that you stipulate at the point of your registration with us or via any online application that you make.
- You can de-activate or permanently delete your account at any time. To deactivate or request your details are removed from our CRM please contact 0161 9629711 or email our Data Protection Officer with the subject line “Permanently delete my information and account” to email@example.com. Please do not forget to tell us who you are.
Connections is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure from unauthorised access to or unauthorised alterations, disclosure or destruction of information that we hold.
Our security measures include: –
- Encryption of our services and data;
- Review of our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures;
- Restrict access to personal access to personal information to Connections employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us and who are subject to contractual confidentiality and processing obligations. They may be disciplined or their contract terminated if they fail to meet these obligations; and
- Internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees.
Additional Services for Website
If you enable us, we access the following Services for the limited purpose of helping us to upload or otherwise access your CV, cover letters or any other documents you provide us to assist you apply for jobs. The Services we use are:
- Google Cloud
We will ask for your consent before using information for any purpose other.
You have the following rights:
- The right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time, this is usually subject to a fee specified by law (currently £10) but we will not apply this charge at any time.
- The right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge; and
- (as set out above) the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
Children and minors
Connections is not directed towards individuals under the age of eighteen (18), however we are aware due to the nature of some of the job offerings, those between 14 and 18 may use the Services. In addition we do offer work experience opportunities to those between the ages of sixteen (16) and eighteen (18) where this has been sought by either the individual themselves with parental consent or where an educational establishment has approached us on behalf of a student and has deemed us a suitable employer for the purposes of work experience.
Individuals under the age of thirteen (13) are expressly prohibited from using Connections Website, unless parental consent is provided and we are notified.
Third Party Privacy Practices
Please note that although we require customers who use our services, such as employers seeking to recruit staff, to agree to use the information made available solely for recruitment-related purposes, we do not control their use of any information that they have access to as part of receiving our services. Please be aware your current employer may be a customer of Connections. As part of the registration process Connections offers you the option of remaining anonymous.
Who to contact about your Personal Information
The data controller responsible for your information is Connections Employment Agency Limited.
If you have any questions about this policy or our use of your Personal Information you can email: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to the Data Protection Officer, 182-186 Cross Street, Sale, M33 7AG.
If you do not think we are handling your Personal Information adequately, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, are available at https://ico.org.uk.
The Site is operated by Connections Employment Agency Limited is registered in England. Registered number: 1835742 Registered address: 182-186 Cross Street, Sale, M33 7AG